Highlights HD Barcelona - Valencia 5-1

vineri, 21 octombrie 2011

Barcelona's Andres Iniesta: Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world




The Spanish midfielder did not comment on the whistles targeted at the Portuguese, but declared he believes the Madrid star is one of the best players around.


The Portugal international, winner of the 2008 FIFA World Player of the Year award, has frequently received jeers from opposing teams' fans, a situation which he described as normal, given his success.

Asked about the treatment he gets from fans when compared to that Cristiano Ronaldo receives, Iniesta simply praised the Madrid star.

"I have nothing to say about what the fans think and say, but Cristiano is for me a great player, one of the best in the world," he is quoted by
AS as saying.

The 27-year-old midfielder went on to reject suggestions he is targeting the award for best player in the world, leaving that honour to Lionel Messi.

"Right now, there is no doubt that Messi is the number one," Iniesta added. "These things do not worry me, what I am worried about is to be at my best level for Barcelona to continue winning titles.

"I do not play to be the best player in the world and I do not care if I am the best or not. I play football because it is my passion, because I am at the best club in the world and because it makes me happy to win titles and see people happy with our successes.

"I do not play to prove things to people."

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu