Highlights HD Barcelona - Valencia 5-1

duminică, 8 ianuarie 2012

Lionel Messi: I want to finish my career at Barcelona


The current Ballon d'Or holder feels the Catalan giants are the best club in the world, but wants to wait until he retires before being measured against Pele and Diego Maradona.


Lionel Messi has stated that Barcelona are the best club in the world, and that he wants to finish his career with the Catalan giants.

The Argentina international has won back-to-back Ballon d'Or awards, and is in line to make it three in a row in the Fifa awards in Zurich on Monday.

The diminutive attacker has praised the European champions, and has put his current ability down to his education at La Masia and the tutelage of Pep Guardiola.

"I'm at the best club in the world, no other team could fulfil me as much as Barcelona does; I hope to stay here until they get tired of me, which is hopefully never," he told
Marca.

"I grew up at La Masia and I am a man made at Barca.

"The coach knows the club better than any of us. He was a ball boy, player and now coach. He is very smart, knows what needs to be done at all times and how to treat each player.

“He is also an excellent motivator. I feel very comfortable with him," the South American maestro continued.

Messi is being touted as one of the best players to have ever played the sport, but the Roasario-born forward believes it is too early to compare him to the past greats.

"I am only 24 years old, I have just started. I have so much respect for people who have been great, such as [Alfredo] Di Stefano, Pele or [Diego] Maradona," he added.

"I should be judged when I finish my career because I do not like talking about myself, and I do not plan goals like that."

Messi has won all there is to win in the club game, but also wants success on the international stage, and is hoping for glory with Argentina.

"Di Stefano is a great but never won a World Cup. I will do everything possible to make Argentina world champions," he pledged.

"Argentina has top quality players and I'm sure I can repeat the success with the national side. We are getting better every time we meet and play together."

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu